31090051

I have not been provided with a front door key to our

HiI have not been provided with a front door key to our apartment block as I've been told that the previous tenant still 'legally needs to be given time in which to send his key back so that he can collect any belongings' (which he hasn't yet and there are none of his belongings in the apartment!)I have been entering through the underground garage car park for 6 weeks now.Is this correct? I have to suffer because the previous tenant hasn't sent back his key?Many thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your question. This seems to be an indulgence on the part of the landlord or his agent to the previous tenant. There is very little likelihood of this being a clause in your lease and there is no other rule which allows them "legally" to deny you a key to your front entrance. And as a tenant you are entitled to vacant possession of the property so the bit about the tenant collecting belongings is also nonsense. I think you have to take a harder line here and demand a key. There is an implied terms in any contract of lease that you are given the means to enter the property. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.