12826847

Is anyone able to help me or advice on what I should do. In

Hi, is anyone able to help me or advice on what I should do. In 2015 an account of mine went to debt collectors when I found out I payed it all. However two years on it's still coming up on my credit as defaulted and not payed. It was with the company o2. I've tried everything to get it sorted and no one from o2 are able to help me I've just been passed from pillar to post. I'm really worried about it as it's stopping me from getting a credit card and mortgage.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need to know should I see help from a local solicitor to contact o2 on behalf of me as it's been soo long now and I can't get nowhere or a reply from them and therefore keeping the default on my account and stopping me from getting a mortgage.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

But surely you were in default?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was a default however my bank has told me once the account is paid it should return as settled.. however this account isn't?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My account was paid in full in 2015 and I've researched it extensively and I have red several times that a paid defaulted account should return as settled. However mines is showing that I have paid nothing.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Yes but the problem is that you are seeking to remove a default.

That cannot be done unless it was in error. Put simple, it was not. You were in default. It might not have been your fault but that is a different issue altogether.

The only other thing you can do is try to get it removed on the basis that it wasn't properly issued but that is hard to do now.

I'm very sorry but that is the reality.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No that wasn't my issue I know it's a default. However it is showing up on my credit file as default unpaid instead of default settled.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Oh I see.

You can ask them to correct that under the data protection act as that is just wrong.

You might find they have corrected it already.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's not corrected it's been like this since October 2015 and I'm still trying to sort it. I am aware it's a default but until it shows up as paid and settled I can't proceed with a mortgage. I've sent several emails to customer services and complaints and got no replys.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

When did you pay then?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I paid on 02/10/15 however it's showing that I haven't made any payments. I'm struggling to get any replys from o2 to sort the problem.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Have you contacted the credit reference agencies about correcting the error?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I contacted creditreferals team for o2 several times I've only ever got an automated email to say they would reply within ten working days it's been a few weeks now and I still haven't heard. I've called them over the phone and kept getting told they can't sort it over the phone. I'm at a loss and it's starting to affect me personally for I'm now worrying about getting a mortgage or will I ever get this resolved
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

See here

http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/questions/askjames308.html

You have to write to them.

If they ignore you then you can ultimately complain to the Information Commissioner but there is no immediate need.

There is no need to use a solicitor. It is free to do yourself.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok perfect thanks I'll get on to that asap!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.