12826847

Please could you give us some advice My fifteen year old

Customer Question

Please could you give us some advice
My fifteen year old daughter has been accused of sleeping around by a member of our family in verbal and in public which has left my daughter very distressed she strongly denies this and was hysterical by this accusation
This family member has also made accusations about my husband which are totally unfounded
This member of our family is known to be a bully at work as you can imagine we are emotionally distraught we need to nip this in the bud before any more damaging further accusations about our daughter are made as she is in her last year of IGSE
We need to know if we can pursue a legal way forward to prevent any more malicious unfounded accusations
Kind Regards
Mrs T H
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Does he have the money to pay an award?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We
Are not looking for a compensation claim as yet we just want to stop her making false accusations could we take out some sort of injunction to initially stop her making any more damaging accusations
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please could you give me a answer to this tonight as I need to know how to pursue this
Regards *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Well, you can't do that.

You can sue in defamation and then the end result would be to get an injunction to stop her repeating a specific falsehood but you couldn't stop her asserting others.

Wouldn't it be better to just get a solicitor to write to her warning her of the laws of defamation? You could do that for less than £100 and it would probably achieve the result you want.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jo, if a solicitor wrote a letter could they request a letter of apology from her .If this was not done by her then we would automatically sue for defamation.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

No. It wouldn't be automated.

It is not likely to be a good idea here.

She probably can't pay the award and the costs are massive.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok Jo ,we will contact a solicitor to write a letter as you suggested,kind regards, Tracey
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One other thing this happened on holiday in Tenerife ? Last week
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

You mean the entire statement was outside of the jurisdiction?

how was it communicated?

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jo
It was verbal and made in public
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are happy with the information you have provided us with and will certainly rate your answers
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jo
Can we still go ahead with a letter ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, any high street solicitor will do it for you.

Or you can use a barrister under public access here

www.5pumpcourt.com

or

www.churchcourtchambers.co.uk