31090051

I've just received a letter from drydensfairfax saying I owe

Hi I've just received a letter from drydensfairfax saying I owe £8020.54 from a previous mortgage I had. However I lost my job so couldn't afford the payments on the mortgage causing me to loose the house and go bankrupt. I was told that all depths would be wiped and now I'm out of bankruptcy I get this letter saying I need to contact them. What should I do?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. The mortgage company clearly haven't read the file properly. If you have been through a bankruptcy following repossession any shortfall was a debt on your bankrupt estate and you are discharged from liability to pay that. That is what you have to tell them and refer them to the person you dealt with in the bankruptcy. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you'd advise ringing them then?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 months ago.

Yes, because of you ignore it they may sue you and even if they have no case against you, you don't want to get involved in other litigation.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you I'll ring them tomorrow
Expert:  JGM replied 2 months ago.

Your welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.