Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have been given a date for a court hearing on 29August

We have been given a date for a court hearing on 29August for our landlord to take possession of our house under Section8 and 21. We had plans to move out on 21st August but the deposit for our new house has been delayed and we cannot move until 31st August.
Can we aplly for a postponement and how or if not do we have to appear. The only court response document is an admission document.
Also the court document is in correct as it shows occupancy as 04/07/2017 not 04/07/2016 does this affect things.
Kevin Bromage
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello Kevin my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You should go to Court if you can. But if the matter is listed for 29th August you can write to the Court and ask for 14 days. The Court will usually agree to that.

But it would be better if you went to Court in case the Judge needs to ask questions.

As for occupancy, its clearly a typo and does not affect things.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do I send the defence form back or a personnal letter. Do I ask for a postponement of the hearing or longer to vacate.

Send the defence form back with a letter.

You ask for longer to vacate.
Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thats fine thanks for your help.KevinB.

All the best Kevin. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face at the bottom of the page before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!