Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a car sold to me apparently with out any problem, i

Good afternoon, i have a car sold to me apparently with out any problem, i had the car check by a mechanic it turns out the car had a accident so it is unsafe to drive plus it is CAT D , none of this info was provided by the seller when i bought it, i ask the seller for yhe money back but he refuse to give it back , what should i do?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was this from a private seller or dealer?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Private seller
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

Did the seller know of these problems? Did you ask if it had been written off etc?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I asked the guy all sort of questions about the car he said there was no problem at all , there was a small damage of front bumper i asked him about and he said that probably some one hitter it.
The mechanic is telling me that the car had a front accident and he can see they try to fixed with out succeed plus he said the car it is unsaved to drive
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I don't have the real address of yhe guy but i do have his name and bank account
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

Sadly to issue a claim you MUST have a physical address. That is the only way to do this. If you do not have his address then sadly you cant issue one.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I will find out the address, how should i do my losses and request a refund within 14 days
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

You just write, say you have had a second opinion, it was dangerous and that you have been misled.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
On the registration i got it shows that the car was owned by a company , no his name
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

if you paid the company, that is fine. It if you paid an individual you can only sue them.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I transfer the money to the guy
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

then you need to find him. You may need to hire a private investigator to trace him. Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 30 days ago.

Such as http://www.jamesblackesq.com/find-anybody/

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!