Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am the owner of 5 bedroom house, and I am renting 4 of the

HI, I am the owner of 5 bedroom house, and I am renting 4 of the rooms to 4 different individuals, each of them with a separate contract for their own room.
At the very first meeting with each of them, I specified (verbally only) that my property its a landlord living shared accommodation, and I was living there, but not at all time and that one of the rooms was occupied by myself, with my office and my bed.
3 month after I have separated from my partner and I moved permanently in my own house, in the same room that I was keeping for myself.
After 1 month that I permanent live in my own room/property, the tenants are being difficult with me, that they don't feel comfortable that I live there.
I am never around the house, I never use the living room and I leave them very comfortable without being around.
Because 3 of them they were friend/work colleges, they are complotting against me, and they are making my life very uncomfortable.
Can someone please give me an advice of what right have I got in this horrible situation?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What do their contract say about termination please?
Does the agreement say its a shared accommodation?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm not to sure, can I send you a copy of the agreement, please? Tonight around 1 am two of them come from work and they want to talk all 4 of them with me.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Here is the file, I look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards stefano
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

I can look through the whole agreement but its quite small writing and lots of terms.

That is not part of the remit of this question. I can look through it but sadly that would be an additional cost.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm sorry, but this is not what I was expecting, I need help and I have paid fir it, now you asking more money. This works it's sad and very gridy. Thank you for trying to pull out more money to a desperate person who is seeking for help, by paying money online. I am not satisfied at all
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

We are an online only service and you get to ask me questions. I can give you legal advice and tell you what you need to do.

But when you want me to review documents and examine terms and conditions of which there are 4 pages and lots of them, that is additional cost.

Or in the alternative, you can answer my question and I can then give you the legal position from that.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It says (double room in a shared house) and the term say (a term minimum of 6 month from the start date
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Does it say anywhere you are live in or its shared?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No unfortunately
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's a general standard assured shorthold tenancy agreement
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

When did they sign it?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
1 tenant on 1st of may another 2 on 1st june, and the last one on 11 june
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They don't want me here because they want to party all the time, invite friends to sleep here and make so much mess in the house, they are making the walls dirty, living the kitchen in a mess and nobody want to clean
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They have installed a swimming pool in the garden poring thousand of litre of water, without my consent and have ruined the garden, they broken 3 chairs. The house it's a luxury house fully professional furnished and they have no respect. Bills are all inclusive but they leave all lights on all the time unnecessarily
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Of which year? Are they complying with the lease?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
2017
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

Are they complying with the lease?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What do you mean?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

The lease has terms, have they breached any?
Why did you get them to sign an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement when in fact they are just lodgers?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Because I had pressure and I did by rushing. Some of them they have paid rent with 5 days delay, and one of them has paid me £ 15.00 less and still he is not paying for this arrear from over a month.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am in such a stress, feeling really down, and am worried to get an Hearth attack as I have recently broke up with my ex, and she doesn't want to see my 1 year old son. After I left my ex I had no where to live rather than my own house. Please help me to understand what I can do in regards ***** ***** I am worried because I think I have given the wrong contract, where it does not say that it's a living landlord shared house.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

What is it you want to ask me about this?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm asking, What should I do in regards ***** ***** problem. Am I risking to be kicked out of my own house? Can the tenant take me to court because I live here, because it's not written in the contract?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

No, they cant kick you out. However You have signed them an AST.

An AST can only be when they have exclusive access. They should have had a lodgers agreement which means you live in.

They can try and take you to Court for breach of the tenancy, but I dont know whether they will.

The AST is a real problem as you should have a lodgers agreement.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give me, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do you mean, that you will come back to me with a better clarification later today?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

I am asking can I clarify anything for you. Do you have any questions about what I have put?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sure, Can I ask them to withdraw that contract and give them the correct one, as a lodgers agreement?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

You can. But they do not have to - you have signed a contract with them

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!