Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

One of the four joint tenants in our rental had not been

One of the four joint tenants in our rental had not been paying his rent for 6 months & we the remaining were presented with a bill of £3150 for his unpaid rent. Should we have been informed sooner that this situation was happening.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

1. I am sorry to read of the above. May I ask if the tenant in question is able to pay the rent or do they have insufficient assets do you believe?
  2. Do you know if that tenant has provided any guarantor to the landlord?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tenant has continued to default and after the shock 6 months we now face paying his continuing non payments. Difference now is that we are being informed monthly by the landlord of his non payments. O n the guarantor question we don't know.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. Do you know if the tenant in question is able to pay the rent or do they have insufficient assets do you believe?