29905560

I have funds in united bank for Africa I went to transfer

I have funds in united bank for Africa I went to transfer funds to my account in the united states of America to my local bank account in the process enter international clearance code popped up what and how do I handle this please and thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

How did you get this account in Africa?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I got a certificate of merit
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Where from?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
grants settlements account
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Ok I am just tryong to determine if out of the blue someone contacted you to tell you that you have this grant settlement and gave you access to this bank account, or was it something you had personally and voluntarily opened yourself in the past?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I personally enter in to the grant selection a couple of years ago and won the grant but didn't get what I was supposed to get in till now
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

And have you been told what you need to do to get this clearance code?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I called them back yesterday and asked what the clearance code was and they said they need to talk to there attorney and would get back to me
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Such codes are very commonly associated with scams. They do not actually exist and are just a way of getting money out of someone. So whT is likely to eventually happen is that they say the way to get a code is to pay a specified amount of money first and that would allow you to get the code and transfer the money to your bank account. The temptation of knowing that this is the only step before getting a much larger amount of money is what drives most people to pay it. But then they eventually realise that this was al a scam and they have now lost money without getting anything in return. At this stage i suggest you play along with them and see what their 'attorneys' say. If they eventually say that you ned to pay something to get this code then you basically know with certainty this is a scam and should stop any further contact or involvement with them.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you