Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
1. Dear Horace, where were you born - in Britain? to a British citizen yourself? Or how did you acquire your British citizenship?
2. Dear Horace, I regret to say that your son doesn't acquire British citizenship. This is because he was born in Jamaica. Essentially, he would have had to have been born in the UK to acquire British nationality automatically.
3. Now, your son will have to come a join you in the UK and live there for five years if he is to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain and then citizenship.
4. Be aware that the rules for acquiring British citizenship are different for the children of people, like yourself, who acquire British nationality during their life, than if you were a British citizenship by descent.
5. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.
6. You are welcome. Best wishes.