Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

When my husband and first wife got divorced a charge was put

When my husband and first wife got divorced a charge was put on the family home in that a payment was to be made to the ex wife if my husband sold the property, remarried or died. The payment was to be paid within 12 months of these clauses.The payment was made directly when we married however this was done informally. We now want to change the mortgage etc so want to remove the charge. How do we do this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Depending on what kind of charge is registered, an application will now need to be made to the Land Registry to discharge the charge and the ex-wife will be given notice of the discharge request.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you