Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I own a house solely that my mum and brother live in. My

I own a house solely that my mum and brother live in. My brother moved in a year ago and claim that he's homeless. He do not pay any rent or contribution towards the up keeping of the house. I am concerned that if my mum pass away, can my brother legally claim part of the house. Also will it be difficult legally to get him to move out.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 months ago.

1. Dear *****, is the house registered title at the Land Registry or is it unregistered title?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The house is registered title at the Land Registry

2. Dear *****, there is no longer such a thing as squatter's title, or adverse possession to registered title property in England & Wales since 2003.

3. As a result, your brother cannot legally claim part of the house, as he has no claim for a squatter's title, as this has been abolished.

4. The registered title at the Land Registry trumps any claim he might make. So, you don't need to worry about your brother getting an interest in your property.

5. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.