Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
1. Dear *****, is the house registered title at the Land Registry or is it unregistered title?
2. Dear *****, there is no longer such a thing as squatter's title, or adverse possession to registered title property in England & Wales since 2003.
3. As a result, your brother cannot legally claim part of the house, as he has no claim for a squatter's title, as this has been abolished.
4. The registered title at the Land Registry trumps any claim he might make. So, you don't need to worry about your brother getting an interest in your property.
5. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website for answering your question.