12826847

I have just been threatened by my the person who lives next

i have just been threatened by my the person who lives next doorthis is the second time he has threatened me.The first time he threatened to break my legs and this time he threatened to stab me. The first time council come out supported by police lady but they seemed to think it was alright for him to threaten me.Since then i have put a fence up between us and try to mind my own buisness but he broke council law by parking his car next to house he did this just to upset my dogs like this dinner time he came out and moved his bins just to make dogs bark but he shovede his bin onto my fence, i said thats a bit colose where on he said he would not only break my legs but stab me to which i said you want to try it since he has lived next door it is not a nice place to live,what can i do about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

What you hoping to do about this? What you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
perhaps have him prosecuted for threats
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Threats alone per se are unlikely to be prosecuted.

Quite apart from anything else it depends where they took place. This sounds like a back garden and if so it would not be a public place and so most of the public order act legislation would not apply. It's not a threat to kill.

To be wholly honest, even if it were, the police do still retain a discretion upon whether or not to take crime reports. If the police have not been sympathetic previously and is probably not a good idea to antagonise them.

If you are intent then you are free to make reports.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll just forget and ignore him
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou