Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I had a 24 month contract with BT for my private landline

Customer Question

I had a 24 month contract with BT for my private landline and broadband. I only added the broadband to get a good deal on the landline and knew it would not be used as the speed where I live is only about .3 kpbs. A year ago after a lot of faults on the line BT cut off my landline for 10 days while putting in 1 mile+ new cable. They gave me no warning. I decided I was not getting a good service so joined Direct Save who said they would do the necessary change over procedure. Unfortunately they did not cancel the broadband and I now have an enormous bill with BT - breaking the contract, and for connection fees. I am refusing to pay as I bought a package deal and if I cancelled one section of that I feel that also cancels the other part of it. Am I correct? thank you for your advice
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** IU will help you with this.

Did you mean to switch everything?

What is then best number to call on and when?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will be available on 01398 331 779 this evening after 5p. or tomorrow morning between 9.30 and 10.30 am. ssorry for the delay - something came up.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Shall I call this evening?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this evening would be fine - can you say a rough time please?

About 7pm if that is ok?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fine - speak to you then - 7pm tonight. Thank you.