ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I will be 70 in November and I will be retiring from work

I will be 70 in November and I will be retiring from work then and I will be paid until the 15th February 2018 after that I do not know how I will pay my debts of £30,000. They consist of a loan and credit cards. I own my own Park home but I don't want to loose it, any ideas of what I can do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Firstly - I must say that this is likely a great worry for you, hanging over the next stage of your life.

You do have many options in respect of the debts.

You could look at a debt management plan which looks at your income and outgoings and offers yoour creditors a payment that you can afford - with tis option you get to keep your asset in your home.

An IVA and Bankruptcy are also options.

I suggest that you consider contacting a free specialist charity such as Stepchange. They can work through the best option with you and also deal with all of your creditors on your behalf.

There are companies that charge for such services but you do not need to pay Stepchange.

Give them a call on :

0800(###) ###-####/strong>
Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm

I wish you all the best in your retirement.

kindest regards

Caroline

Hello Welcome to Just Answer Firstly - I must say that this is likely a great worry for you, hanging over the next stage of your life. You do have many options in respect of the debts. You could look at a debt management plan which looks at your income and outgoings and offers yoour creditors a payment that you can afford - with tis option you get to keep your asset in your home. An IVA and Bankruptcy are also options. I suggest that you consider contacting a free specialist charity such as Stepchange. They can work through the best option with you and also deal with all of your creditors on your behalf. There are companies that charge for such services but you do not need to pay Stepchange. Give them a call on : 0800(###) ###-####/strong>Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm I wish you all the best in your retirement. kindest regards Caroline