F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I changed GP April this year, and my medical records after

I changed GP April this year, and my medical records after 2000 seem to be missing. As a result I am unable to gain medication for 3 chronic condition: cluster migraines, rhinosinusistis and HRT treatment which I've been on for 7 years. I have been tring to get the records sorted by complaining to NHS Englad and PALs but in the meantime I'm without HRT until I have had a battery of tests and rediagnosed this may take servers months, presumably the same applies to my other conditions. Can I put pressure on the surgery, legally, as I feel my medication is being withheld because of administrations problems. Can you recommend how I can proceed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 2 months ago.

Hello - what exactly are your old surgery saying about the missing records?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They have sent all records to the central record hub, which is the current NHS procedure, both electronic records and paper records. My new GP practice manager is saying no electronic records have been kept on me since 2000 as this is all she has been sent. But I know they have been computerised I have viewed CT scans in Nov last year with gp and received computer generated prescriptions for years.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What now?