Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My wife has dementia and is now in a care home, I have not

My wife has dementia and is now in a care home, I have not got power of attorney it was to late to get her to do this. My wife has a separate account and I cannot have access to it, I now wish to have all monies in this account transferred into our joint account so it can be used to keep her in good stead with clothes and normal needs in her care home. What or how can I go about getting access to her separate account.
Expert:  Joshua replied 29 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Would I be right to assume that you wife did not grant power of attorney to anyone else other than you? I would assume not but I ask for the avoidance of any doubt

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Non of my family and me have power of attorney
Expert:  Joshua replied 29 days ago.

Many thanks for your phone call request. I have just called but got our answer service. I have left a message. Is there a time I can reach that is convenient or on another number than your mobile?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.

You can call me on my home phone number 01*******35

Expert:  Joshua replied 29 days ago.