Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been refused a 123 Current Account by Santander

I have been refused a 123 Current Account by Santander because I have a CCJ which I have paid of in full on the 24/08/2017 after I sold my flat which I am now renting. Can they do this when I have over £100,000.00 in my BRS bank account.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is it only on the basis of the CCJ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they say i have a bad credit rating tried Fist Direct got the same reply on the phone when i said I had a ccj.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

The answer is yes. Although its marked as satisfied it will remain on your record for 6 years.
Banks tend to be more cautious when a CCJ when a CCJ us under 12 months old.

But yes, they can do this and it is legal.

If you are unhappy you can raise a formal complaint. If that is not upheld then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

That may resolve it for you. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok then i will invest in in a Isa and other things then thanks for the advice.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!