Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I a married.our mortgage is in my wife's name.I signed a

I a married.our mortgage is in my wife's name.I signed a deed of consent when the mortgage was arranged. I am considering bankruptcy.Does the deed of consent stop any claim of beneficial interst on the property?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry.

The Deed of Consent form was merely you confirming to the Mortgage Lender that you would vacate the property in the event that your wife was unable to pay the Mortgage and the Lender repossessed the property. It is therefore a Form confirming that you have NO beneficial interest in the property.

So, if you were to make yourself bankrupt, the Trustee in Bankruptcy could make no claim against the property whatsoever.

I hope this assists. If so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Kind Regards Al