29905560

At 2015 I start study online colege. I signed contrackt for

Hi at 2015 I start study online colege. I signed contrackt for 7.500 to repay in 3.5 years. The cancelation period is 14 days I was study abouth 6 month and I decited to cancel the courses couse my first langue is not english and I can't understand everything. Also my financional situation is become dificult. So I caled trades4skills wich is the name on the contrackt as I understand they are creditors they told me I need permision to cancell the studies from trades gateway wich is the online college. So I call them they spoke with me like one minute basicly said I hawe wrote them email with my request to cancel it so I did it. I get answer that this is imposible couse cancelation period is just 14 days. So now I still pay that I am not log in or taking any courses any books just pay every month for nothing. So I wander is the any chance to cancel it I dont want refund I just want to ower it.please help..
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 30 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 30 days ago.

Did you basically get a loan or finance to pay for it?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No I havent see money. From college I just got 3 books and cd to start studys in the day I signed contrackt.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 30 days ago.

I mean that you are paying a third party company for the money for the course, so they basically paid for it and you are now paying them over time?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Probably yes
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
there is nothing I can do to stop it. And it does not matter that I am not use any services them?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 30 days ago.

Ok in these circumstances you will be bound by the contract you signed and agreed to, which would make you liable to repay the money. If you missed the cancellation period then you can only really cancel with the company’s consent or if they have acted in breach of contract. Here it appears you changed your mind and decided the course was unsuitable for you, rather than the company breaching the contract, so if you wanted to cancel before the end you would be the one who is likely in breach of contract.

However, it does not mean you cannot cancel anyway and take the risk. What could happen is that you stop the payments and just advise them you are not continuing any further. However, they can consider pursuing you for what you still owe - they may not, but they can. If they did they could send debt collectors after you. They cannot do much apart from threaten you, and the only way the company can force you to pay them is to go to court and win. So this is the main risk - they may never actually go that far but if they did ten there is a potential that you may have to pay it anyway. SO there is no easy way out that guarantees you will not have any further liabilities but there are ways you can try and get away with it, not without its risks though.

The fact you are not using their services basically means that you may have to repay less than the full amount so that could help reduce the total liabilities.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I already been sending them email asking to make my courses shorter couse thouse courses hawe 2 parts I was dom and chose the full scope course. So they send my answer that I can't make courses shorter or cancel. But I can change to a diferent one as long is same price for it. Well thank you still I find out here more then I been looking for half year.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 30 days ago.

You are welcome, do let me know if you have further queries