Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I want to take a photographer to court for refusing to

I want to take a photographer to court for refusing to refund two payments made by myself totalling £593.00, after the photographer stated she would no longer work with us, due to me refusing her permission to use the images for her own marketing and website promotion.
I also would like her to delete all images of my child. * She agreed to do this in one email, then retracted the offer within minutes in another email.My girlfriend made the initial enquiry and booking over the phone with me present. During the conversation several dates were discussed and once we all agreed upon these, I passed my girlfriend my credit card to make payment for the initial booking. the payment with my own credit card, and I made a further payment at the studios on my own debit card for £525. I also signed the order form at the studio not my girlfriendThe photographer is refusing to deal with me directly stating that it's my girlfriend that has opened the contract with her for her services due to making the initial enquiry and booking. She is also claiming because we are unmarried she is directly responsible for all matters relating to my child.Despite the fact that it's my credit / debit cards that were used for the booking and I was the only person that signed the order form.Furthermore, I'm the biological farther of the child.Does her argument have merit that needs to deal directly with my partner only on this matter?PsI have sent the photographer 1) notice before intended legal action letter 2) subject access request and 3) section 10 of data protection act response letterAlso, can you recommend any other advice and how I should write the dispute on moneyclaim should she not refund me before the deadline
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Who paid please, you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
me on my own cards
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

I will call shortly.