ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

To be, it would take more than 3 hours for a solicitor to go

To be frank, it would take more than 3 hours for a solicitor to go over my statement, exhibits and other court paper. I just would have liked to have advice about it, basically I have been in pocedings for1.5 years in child care arrangment, and my ex is making continuous false alegation to continue to deprive contact. I have been waiting for a fact finding hearing for 1.5 years to be able to present my evidences, but now the court order that is drafted by my lawyers ex limit me to only 10 pages of exhibits that I can present to the court. Basically now that I have send them my exhibits, they are trying to make sure that I cannnot present it to the court. I have written to the court saying that limiting the number of exhibits I amy present to the court is wrong as it would not give me the chance to a fair trial and that it would amount to an abuse of process. I am about to send my statement with exhibits to the court, but I still did not get a response from the court, so I wanted to know if this would be considered to be a contempt of the court if I were to send more than 10 pages of exhibits?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I must say that I will not be available for the next couple of days due and therefore would not be able to offer you the additional service of reading and checking your statement.

I can however assist you with your question.

Basically if the sealed court order says you are limited to 10 pages of Exhibits then that is the order that you should follow. However that being said if you were to send more than 10 pages of exhibits to the court then I truly doubt that a Judge would consider this contempt.

What is likely to happen is that the issue of the statement would be discussed as a preliminary issue at court before the next hearing started as to whether the additional exibits should be included as evidence in the case.

As long as you provide pertinent reasons to the Judge at this point as to why it is that the exhibits are necessary to ensure a fair trial then in my experience, especially given that a Judge will have by then read the same, be admitted as evidence.

kind regards

Caroline

Please kindly remember to star rate my answer positively so that credit is received for helping you today

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

kind regards

Caroline

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

kind regards

Caroline

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

kind regards

Caroline