Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can my ex partner and his new pregnant wife move just 3

Customer Question

Can my ex partner and his new pregnant wife move just 3 doors away from me ? We have two children together age 16 and 13. He doesn't have regular contact with them and when he does it's strained and causes emotional trauma. Both children very upset with the concept of him being so close and didn't take the pregnancy news well at all. Over the years they have experienced all emotions possible from rejection, isolation , unworthiness etc . Can he really move so close ??
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Has your ex been violent or threatened you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

Then its bad news I am afraid. You cant stop them moving so close. There has been no violence or threats and as such you can not prevent it. There is nothing in law which prevents this. You may feel uncomfortable but that does not make it illegal.

I am very sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's lovely Thankyou for your help

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!