Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I have an account on Craiglist to find dates/girls.

Customer Question

I have an account on Craiglist to find dates/girls.Beginning of this week, a girl contacted me through email. I asked for her image and her age. She sent me a portrait photo and told me she was 14. I assumed she was joking and was a spammer (As I had come across only spammers through that website). And from that photo, my initial judgement was that she looked older. She told me she was a virgin and was looking for a mature guy. I kept taking all these lightly as I thought she is just another spammerSo I continued replying to her. After a while I sigguested her we could meet on friday, to which she agreed. Before the meetup, we exchanged some more photos between us. She even sent some naked photos of her. I will admit, I did ask for it, but I didnt force her in anyways.
I booked a hotel, bought condoms and got to the hotel on Friday. I was chatting to one of my friends about my meetup and he advised me to asl her for ID and also to find out if she is actually 14 or is she above the minimum age for consent. I asked her for her ID through the email. She said she had some school ID. To which I gor scared. At this point I was already walking towards a place where I was supposed to meet her. I was worried. If she was actually 14 and she was not joking, I would have told her to leave and not see her at all. But, when I reached the place, her brother turned up.He said he had read all the email exchanges we had and he was disgusted. I got very scared. I was trying to convince him that this was a genuine mistake and I was going to ask her for her ID. But, it seemed like it was too late. He kept saying he is going to call the police. That got me very scared He took a picture of my driving licence which has my personal address on. And told me to bring 25K on Monday (he will tell me the location on Sunday) and sign a paper admitting what I had done and I promise to delete all chat and photos of her. He has agreed to deletr everything too but he has a pic of my driving licence and that can be easily copied.I confess it was a genuine mistake. I had assumed she was older from her photos and did not take her messages seriously. But, just before the meet up, my eyes opened and asked for her ID. I have no interest of being with someone of that age. I am also happy to go to police today and admit what I had done.I had never met that girl before, I am not even sure what her real name is. I dont have her phone number nor address. But her brother has all information about me. I am worried that he could put me in serious danger when I bring money to him. Or continue blackmailing me in future.Can you please advise what shall I do? Am I in serious trouble?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 30 days ago.

It is possible that he is not her brother at all. This was a trap and you should go to the police straight away. What makes you think they will not be back time and again for more money.

You have not been very clever but whatever you intended to happen did not happen.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly accept my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thank you Michael I am already at local Police station
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi Michael.
After reporting to Police, they advised me to not meet that guy to which i agreed. The police also advised me to block his number (which I did). But yesterday he contacted me through email saying the following:"Aman,I have been trying to contact you today. My call is being met by voicemail. I assume you could be busy or possibly have blocked me with no intention of speaking to me.confirm asap back to me what the situation is with you? If you are busy what time can you talk to me.If I don't hear a response from you, I'll take it as if your trying to avoid this situation and I will take matters into my own hands and follow a legal channel."To this, I replied to him that I had already reported to the Police and never try to contact me again. (I was advised to reply this way if he contacts me).Could you please advise what i should do?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 26 days ago.

You just need to follow the advice of the police. Do nothing , should he contact you repeat that the matter is in the hands of the police and for him not to contact you again.

He should now be concerned about his own position as he attempted to blackmail you which is a criminal offence.

Michael