Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I was contacted on Tuesday 19th September from a private

I was contacted on Tuesday 19th September from a private number.
The caller said her name was Emma & she was of Asian origin & I didn't catch which company she was calling from ( it could've been from & Hawkins but I couldn't be sure).
She said that I had asked them to look into any outstanding PPI'S I had and they had found a loan (she mentioned the Government) which I had & I was owed PPI of £2,900 & as they were a no win no fee soliciors, there was a fee of £147 to pay. She said a Mr ***** ***** would be out that day between 2:30 & 3:30pm with a cheque for £2,900 but I didn't have to make any payment that day, just when I was able to get to a PayPal outlet.
He never arrived & I haven't heard anything since. Can you please tell me what to do?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 30 days ago.

Have you paid the £147.00?

Michael

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No

Dear *****

Good, because this has the feel of a con about it where you pay a small amount on the basis of receiving a larger one. Solicitors do not operate that way they would put the proposed recovery of the PPI monies and percentage recovery in writing so that they could enforce the agreement if necessary.

Also why do they not simply deduct the fee and send you the balance?

Should she contact you again ask her the above question.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly either accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I rate the solicitors response as Excellent