Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Do you assist in tenanacy agreements for a commercial

do you assist in tenanacy agreements for a commercial business
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 29 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
We are a family owned golf club and originally rented 59 acres of land off my brother, it was set up as a family business etc. My brother has died and his children now wish to double our rent. We are not saying that there should not be an increase but we want somebody to read out lease to tell us what rights we have etc as at the moment everything seems to be in their favour. Hope that makes sense
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 29 days ago.

How many pages is it?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
17
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
17 pages
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 29 days ago.

Thanks. I can assist but it would be an additional cost as its not within the remit of the price for the question. I will put together an additional service for you to review.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Can you attach it here please?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have tried the "Add file" button but it does not respond i have also tried dragging it accross but it will not let me
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Have you tried the paperclip? Or can you upload it somewhere?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi im sorry but there is no paperclip just a "+Add files" button next to the send button but when i click on it nothing happens, i have tried dragging the file into this text box but it will not allow me. Is there an e mail address i can send the file too. There is also no facility for me to upload the file
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hii have just mailed you the lease, in the subject i put Jamie-Law Many thanks Sarah
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

Thanks! It can take a day or two to get sent them from admin

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

Ive read this now - what is it you want to know?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Do we have any rights, our landlord wishes to double our rent. We would also like to know is the landlord responsible for building repair etc and should he be insuring it and anything else you could tell us
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

Yes you can give notice for dispute and it will go before an Arbitrator who you both appoint.

I would suggest someone from RCIS - Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. They deal with these types of dispute all the time.

You pay old rent pending determination but if it goes against you then you pay the higher rent backdated.

Landlord is liable for building insurance, but not contents.

You are also responsible for repair.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
thank you