Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

We have a tree in our front garden which has a preservation

we have a tree in our front garden which has a preservation order, we understand that our neighbours can apply to the council to have branches cut which they have to pay for. the other day our neighbour banged on our door claiming a branch had fell onto the bonnet of his car and caused a dent, he states that his partner is shown on cctv picking a branch up off the ground or off his car we do not know, he is now demanding £70.00 off us to have the dent done he wants the money tomorrow do we have to pay, we have no proof it was a branch that caused the dent. thank you
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 30 days ago.

No you do not.

If the trees are on your land they are your responsibility and you have to ensure they are managed.

This involves trimming and root management where appropriate but if in a high wind bits fly off then this comes into act of god or S..t happens territory.

Firstly I always suspect anyone imposing a deadline, why tomorrow?, and secondly they have to show negligent management as opposed to just an act of nature.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly either accept my answer or rate it on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael