Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I'm a Professional Carer and looking after an elderly lady

I'm a Professional Carer and looking after an elderly lady at the moment. Her daughter has phoned this morning accusing me of 'fighting with her mother, having a conflicting argument & not taking care of her mother'?! This was meant to of happened last week in the hairdressers.
She then said someone in the parish was telling people about it and were concerned for the lady's safety.
This not only puts me at risk but, also the personal effect it is going to have on my client.
My excellent reputation will be marred and my career/job prospects will be in jeopardy too.Is there anything I can do concerning 'slander'?
Thank you in anticipation.
Miss De Souza
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 26 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve? Do you want to seek a Court order for them to stop?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I would like to sue her for defamation of character, slander, the distress & upset she has caused me. Losing my faith in the ability of me being a professional in all I do, she has put my career/job prospects at risk now, an apology would be nice.
It is nearly time for me to leave, as I was contracted for 6 weeks, My last day is the 2 October 2017, I'm thinking they don't want to pay me??
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 26 days ago.

My colleague has accepted the phone call - they will ring shortly.