29905560

I bought a horse for £2995, with a 14 day warranty. The

Customer Question

I bought a horse for £2995 , with a 14 day warranty. The horse is not suitable for the purpose I bought it. I contacted the seller ( dealer) and was told she will only exchange or resell the horse on my behalf. I just want my money back .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 24 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 24 days ago.

So how long ago exactly did you buy the horse and what reason has the seller provided for not wanting to provide a refund?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I bought her 12 days ago and she says she doesn't have the money to refund me now but will do so when she has it . But this is only her word because then she'll say I've had her longer than the 14 days warranty
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 24 days ago.

Hi there, regardless of the warranty, you will have certain legal rights. These apply when a consumer makes a purchase from a business seller, where they have certain 'statutory' rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which states that the goods must be:

· of satisfactory quality – they must not be faulty or damaged when received

· as described – they must match any description given at the time of purchase

· fit for purpose – they should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for

If they do not meet the above requirements, you will have certain legal remedies against the seller. The horse will be treated as goods for this purpose.

The rights against the seller are:

1. Reject the goods and request a refund - this must be done within 30 days of purchase or delivery.

2. Repair or replacement – this can be done within the initial 30 days or after, if that deadline has passed and a rejection is no longer possible. If a repair is not possible, as in this case as you can’t really repair a horse, the goods can still be rejected for a refund, or if the consumer wants to keep them, they can ask for a price reduction.

So you can push for a refund or a replacement, but a refund is still possible even after the 14 day warranty has passed because under law you have 30 days in which to ask for that.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was charged £38 and then £43.90 �� For an answer I already had on internet what a load of rubbish and the solicitor was in court so never rang me anyhow