Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I bought 2 pedigree kittens from a breeder and I signed a

I bought 2 pedigree kittens from a breeder and I signed a contract of sale. Some of the terms of the contract seemed unreasonable but I wasn't too bothered at the time. My breeder saw me at the vets having the kittens vaccinated for Leukaemia. The contract recommends not doing this. Since then she has emailed me saying I'm in breach of contract and have put the lives of the kittens at risk, and so on. The contract also stipulates that I cannot let the kittens outside (that they are house cats) and I do not intend to adhere to this. I would like advice on whether the ongoing veterinary treatment of my kittens or whether they are allowed outside can actually be dictated by a contract of sale.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is there any way the breeder would know?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The breeder saw me at the vets and I told them I was having the kittens vaccinated but not what for. She then emailed me to ask me to guarantee to her that they were not being vaccinated against Leukaemia. There was some evidence years ago that this vaccination could be bad for the breed of cat (bengals) but I would rather take the advice of my vet. With respect to the cats being outside in the future, she shouldn't find out but she does live a few miles away so I suppose she could come and check. I need to know if I have some grounds to challenge the contract should she continue to be difficult. For the moment, my aim is just to diffuse the situation by assuring her that I am not break the contract...
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
breaking
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Well even if you have breached the contract there is nothing the seller can do. They cant sue you because they have suffered no loss.

In any event the seller can not dictate what vet care to provide.

If the vet says its safe to vaccinate for Leukaemia and they can go outside, they can.

You do not even need to respond to the breeder.