Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

4 weeks ago a i had collision ..It was obvious that was not

4 weeks ago a i had collision ..It was obvious that was not my fault I was on main road and other lady was pulling out of car park ..Didn't ring Garda because that women admit fault and gave me her all details.I didn't give her mine just phone number..she asksd me to do damage estimate because she will pay cash ..unfortunately damage it's quite big ..so after her self not responding I rang her insurer and report incident..After few weeks nothing I rang insurer again and found out that she just said I hit her ...Could I do anything about that ?? I
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you take any photos at the scene?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Just photo of her insurance
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

Ok - you cant do anything about it at this stage.

The insurers will sort it out and if necessary it will go to Court to be resolved.

But you cant stop someone else making a false claim about this.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

But your insurers will fight this - they wont want to pay out.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I didn't give her my insurance details will she be able to get them anyway..Don't remember did they asked me bout them when i was reporting incident..On the picture I have I can see registration of car who was witness..will that be any help??
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
also how is that possible that someone can change their mind just like that .. Is that's not obvious if I reported incident and not herself ..
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

It happens all the time. If you didnt get anyone come forward as a witness its too late now.

You need their details at the scene. Your insurers wont be able to get the details from the DVLA and write to the witness.

Only the Police can do that.

But just tell your insurers what happened - they will fight it.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
My insurer didn't get in contact with me yet.. Should I report that myself?? I was dealing with her insurer..They sending out to mans herself investigator to check the damage ..After that they told me they will know who's fault was that .. But how ?? Should I trust them if they are from her insurer??
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

Yes report it. You MUST report it.

They get engineering evidence to show whom contacted with whom

But report it - your insurance MUST be told.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Ok but in the mine time I've changed my insurer.My insurance was until 18th of September .Since then I have new insurer..Collision was 25th August.Should I report that to my renew insurer or this one I was insured on 25th August ..
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

You go to the insurer who you insured with on 25th August.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Grand thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!