31090051

Can I locate and bring proceedings against a UK resident for

Can I locate and bring proceedings against a UK resident for damage and theft from a foreign property owned by me.Local police deem it of no value without even any investigation.Total damage and theft around £500 not including repair labour.Address unknown but I have leads as to his location in the UK
Expert:  JGM replied 27 days ago.

Thanks for your question. You can sue a UK resident in the court in the part of the UK where he is domiciled. So if you can get his address you would raise in the County Court in England or the sheriff court if the person lives in Scotland. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Fast response which clarifies my position I will trace the address and file for proceedings against said person
Expert:  JGM replied 27 days ago.

You’re welcome. Don’t forget to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.