F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I was given 5 points on my licence for failure to report.

I was given 5 points on my licence for failure to report. No-one was injured, both cars were empty and there was no damage to any cars. I left a brief note on one of the vehicles after I had been at my daughter's since I didn't have a pen or pencil with me.Since that time both the Metropolitan police and the cambridge police have e-mailed me to the effect that since there was no injury or damage I didn't need to report to a police station.I am really confused.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 month ago.

Hello - when was all this and what happened please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The accident happened in September 2015. I know it was a while ago but having been told by the Met and Cambridge police when I made a recent inquiry that an accident only needs to be reported if there is an injury. I quote " If there is no damage to either car, this is not a recordable collision and there is no need to contact Police or anyone".I believe I have been penalised beyond the scope of the offence, since there was no offence. I had a fine of £300 and 5 points on my licence.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I would appreciate an opinion.