Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I took my older mini; value about £1500 ) to Kwikfit in

I took my older mini; value about £1500 ) to Kwikfit in London for MOT, it failed; I paid the fee and arranged to have it collected;when they arrived to collect it Kwikfit said no as I not paid; I have a receipt for failed MOT payment Kwikfit had without my permission done repairs costing £600+and passed the mini's MOT. Now they won't release it without me paying or answer phone calls. What can I do, please where can I get help ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

To be clear, on what basis do they say they carried out the repairs?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have or will not give a reason
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

I would ask them. You can say they are in breach of contract pursuant to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 by failing to act with all reasonable skill and care.

I would also call Kwik Fit Head Office on: 0800 757677

They should be able to resolve it.

Or pay on credit card to get the car back and then sue for the costs.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

But if you call Head Office I am sure they can sort it for you.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you; please tell me I am a bit muddled ; you will take £38 from my visa card now ? This is not then a recurring fee; just a one off ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

One off fee!

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!