Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was negotiating a rent review with a tenant and agreed a

I was negotiating a rent review with a tenant and agreed a new rent. I wrote down what we agreed and we both signed the note. Is this binding? Is there a cooling off period? 24 hours later , I have changed my mind , Is there a cooling off period in this situation, What can I do to get out of this agreement?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

No, there is no cooling off period I am afraid.

If it was signed then by Law it’s binding.

Sadly unless the tenant agrees then you can’t pull out or change your mind.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I omitted to mention that I did not own the land , I was acting on the owners behalf. On the note I put the rent for year1 year2 and year 3 however it should have been heads of terms as I have to get the owner to agree.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Sadly it’s binding. You could be liable for breach of contract if you lead the tenant to believe you were the landlord.

Does that clairfy?