ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

If I'm dating a married woman. Can I be implicated in a

If I'm dating a married woman. Can I be implicated in a divorce situation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

I can confirm that the ladies spouse could decide to issue for divorce on the grounds of adultery if they found out that you were dating.

There are time limits involved in adultery. A person who intends petitioning for divorce on this ground must do so within six months of becoming aware of the adultery.

What you need to know is that if the spouse does isue on the basis of adultery then you will not be named as part of the proceedings. This is a recent change. The form no longer includes a place for the 3rd party to be named and naming is discouraged.

Let me know if I can assist you further

kind regards

Caroline

Please kindly remember to rate positively so that credit is received for helping you today