31090051

I have signs attached to my house outside walls stating that

I have signs attached to my house outside walls stating that I/we DO NOT NEED DOUBLE GLAZING, HOME EXTENSIONS, LIFE INSURANCE etc, etc. Unfortunately yesterday a builder knocked without consent and proceeded to inform me that my chimney was in "an unsafe" condition following recent high winds. He quoted a sum of money to put this right, the amount of which was agreed. Today, with permission he return to carry out this work. Suddenly, surprise surprise the amount of work required had escalated and so had the price. The quote made was verbal, and because he had already removed masonry rendering the chimney none weatherproof (and dangerous), I felt I had no recourse but to get him to make it safe!Subsequent to the work being carried out, I was pressured by the workmen to obtain funds to pay for the work and "invited" me to go to the bank! When being told that the full amount was not available they carried on pressurising me. Needless to say I and my wife felt quite intimidated by this. They are due to return in the morning (20 Oct 17)In the meantime, I obtained a written appraisal from an experienced builder who stated categorically that although the finished work was satisfactory, the final price is way above the amount of work done.Question:Does this constitute aggravated trespass or bogus tradesmen fraud due to the deemed poor value of money?I await your expert guidance as to my next steps.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question. What what was the amount of the original quote, what was the revised cost and what did the experienced builder consider was a reasonable price?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Original quote was £150.00, revised £2,000.00 and experienced builder recommended in the region of £250.00 - £300.00!