Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a basic agreement with 3 partners into a hair

Customer Question

Hi I have a basic agreement with 3 partners into a hair implantation company. This was a 3 month trial to see if we could make the business work. The main investor partner has went against his word is now trying to change the arrangement. The website, copy and photography and Facebook is owned by me. I created them. What rights do i have st this stage to take them down? Or change the name on them to my own separate company name?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you give over the above to the Company?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m not sure what you mean? Let’s talk first it probably easier.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

I will call shortly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sent from my iPhoneBegin forwarded message:From: ***** ***** <*****@******.***>
Date: 16 September 2017 at 17:18:59 BST
To:***@******.***
Cc: tetiana Mamontova <*****@******.***>
Subject: Introduction & New Business AgreementDr Ali, Dr Tetiana,It was great to see you both today.As discussed, we have Initially agreed that Dr Tetiana, Dr Ali and I will forward £500 each to the bank account below and we will use this for marketing to drive leads for Hillside Hair Clinic.Dr Ali, please can you send me your invoice address details along with the delivery address that you would like for the business cards. In addition if there is a different number than the number I have for you (07920220999) please provide that and I will add this instead for you. I will also set all 3 of us up with Hillside email address and we can all use them on our business cards going forward.Terms of Agreement1. Dr Ali will provide the facility and share the marketing money
2. Dr Tetiana will do the operating and post op care and share marketing money
3. Mark will handle all marketing, design, advertising and speak initially with patients where required. Mark also to organise land based travel and accommodation.Expenses to be covered
Any expenses will be covered with the company turnover.
All instruments and medications, prescriptions.
Sterilisations
Hosting
Any extra expenses should be discussed and agreed between the 3 partners
Hair Restoration NI Ltd Corporation tax covered initially for the 1st 3 months
If I’ve missed anything please feel free to add to this.At the end of each procedure, after expenses the money should be split 3 ways and sent to each persons bank account.After 3 months of being established we would then set up a bank account for Hillside Hair Clinic.As discussed I will also send you an invoice for the £1500. This will follow shortly.I look forward to working with both of you!Best wishes and thank you for your hospitality.
***** *****My business Bank account details are as followsHair Restoration NI Limited
Bank: Santander
Sort code: 09-01-28
Account No: 95263406
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Again it’s worth noting that the investor will partner has changed his story in terms of who would own what. I was lead to believe that we would be 3 equal partners in the entire business now I am being told by him that was never the case and that he would be the only shareholder in the limited company. This is because he now has at least 2 other investors who want a share of England territories. He has offered me to be a third partner in and Ireland territory but now I feel that I’m not sure I should trust him. In return I need to sell the website and content over to him. This is at least what I have understood verbally.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Ok, that was not the agreement. So you can end it after 3 months

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Ok so the partner investor is changing his offer again and now wants me to sell the website to him. I don't want to. What happens at this point if the partnership can no longer be sustained due to differences of agreement? Can I take the site down and anything I've produced? Since it's my intellectual property.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 29 days ago.

You dont have to. You cant take the site down until the end of the trial period.