12826847

I am to appear in court for driving without insurance and

I am to appear in court for driving without insurance and nct and tax. This is a first offence. i took a risk to get to work. I have since bought a cheaper car and am fully insured etc. i live rurally and work in town some 30k away. will i lose my licence. I'm terrified.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Galway
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what that means. I have been issued with a court said for said offences
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a full UK licence, Clean.

Are you asking what sentence you will face?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not deny the charges. I was uninsured etc, Will i lose my driving licence or receive a ban , fine , prison? I'm terrified.

If it is just no insurance then you will get 6 points and a fine.

If you don't have other points and you are not within your first two years of driving then you will not be revoked or disqualified.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been a fully qualified driver for over 25 years. I hold a UK licence. The car was not taxed or NCT held either.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been a fully qualified driver for over 25 years. I hold a UK licence. The car was not taxed or NCT held either.The worry for me is compounded by the fact that I work in healthcare. Garda vetting is essential when working with vulnerable persons. So my question is will I fail Garda vetting now due to my actions? Thanks in advance.

No, they will have no interest unless your job entertains driving.