12826847

I have been in a road traffic accident. My slip-on shoes

Customer Question

I have been in a road traffic accident. My slip-on shoes came off whilst I was driving, and the police have kept them as evidence. No one was injured except myself and I hit no other vehicles. I am now out of hospital with soft tissue injuries. I was interviewed under caution in the back of a police car, and I told them that my shoes had come off, and that they had been caught under the brake pedals. I also told them that I could not press my brakes, and wondered if there was some problem with them as well. The police officer told me that I did not seem sure whether it was the brakes or not. I said that the brakes were alright the night before, and that I would not drive the vehicle if they had been faulty.So the officer crossed out the bit about the brakes, and rewrote some of it to say it was the slip-on shoes.I had to initial the crossed out bit regarding the brakes and sign for the new statement saying it was the shoes.The police officer said that they were notes and not an official statement, and that I was not under arrest at this point in time.The officer handed me back the shoes as part of other personals.About an hour later, she returned to ask for the shoes back.The police also have my car under retention in a lock-up. Should I seek the services of a solicitor in case I have to make a further statement at a police station. What is your advice please ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry my phone number is *****
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry I missed out a number from my mobile phone number could you please still ring me on: +4407467206739
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am ready for a phone call
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

I will try again.