31090051

My father died in August, survived by my mother. The house

My father died in August, survived by my mother. The house was in his name only and my father left all his assets to my mother in his will. Is there any problem with her name not being on deeds (she's not named as a tenant)? We want to get the property transferred to her name. Thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 27 days ago.

Thanks for your question. Because your father was the sole owner and because he left his whole estate to your mother, what will happen is that once the solicitor acting for the executor obtains probate, he will then be in a position to register the title to the house in your mother’s sole name. So your mother isn’t on the deeds at the moment but the probate will form a link in title between you father’s name and that of your mother. The solicitor will have to deal with the transaction as it is something which requires specific knowledge of Property Law. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for my time.