Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am an optometrist who has received letter from a solicitor

Customer Question

I am an optometrist who has received letter from a solicitor to release a patients clinical notes. I saw him 4 years ago. It states that no action is contemplated against you. I have called the solicitor and been verbally told that patient has been seen by another optician and they want the old notes.
If I have missed something would the clinical negligence be then directed to me?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I need to contact my insurance?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you still have the notes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Ok. If they have said there is no claim, you don’t need to tell your insurers.

It’s only if there was a claim. There isn’t.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.