12826847

I have a client that has invoices outstanding exceeding more

Customer Question

I have a client that has invoices outstanding exceeding more than 30 days notice given on all invoices. On the invoice it clearly states that any amounts exceeding will be subjected to a 2% incremented charge until the invoice is paid.Is this a breach under Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 ?please advice and what legal article can I quote in response to The unfair act 1977
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

How much is owed in total and what reason, if any, has been provided for not paying the invoice as yet?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
In Total £44,807.67, it is due to outstanding invoices for work undertaken for the organisation over a period of 3 months. The reason for non payment is due to an incrementing interest charged on the outstanding amount
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Mr Ben Jones are you there
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 22 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you owed the money or is money owed to you?