12826847

Land owned and leased out by our heritage foundation has lay

Customer Question

Land owned and leased out by our heritage foundation has lay dormant for over 7 years. The land was leased to a football club to start with who then decided not to use it, they handed the lease back two years later 2012. The land has remained on the land registry search in their name as being leased by them and not transferred back to the leaser in this time. I asked to lease this land in June and was told by the heritage it was not available as on a 25 year lease. Since this time i spoke to the football club concerned and they told me they handed the lease back. On asking again to be able to lease it for our community interest company for told to write a proposal. They have now said the land is not suitable for us, which we know it is as it is ideal. At one stage they even suggested they may help with the rent with a grant from their own grant scheme.
Do we have a case to push this more as the land is still just sitting unused.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 21 days ago.

Do you know what the purpose of the foundation is meant to be?

Is the foundation a private one or dependent on public funds?

Michael