12826847

I applied for a simplified divorce through the court

Customer Question

I applied for a simplified divorce through the court recently but had a response to say my ex wife is contesting on financial grounds, we have been separated over 6 years and did not own a property, l walked away with nothing from the marital home and paid her £200 per month over 6 years to make sure my youngest son who was over 16 and working did not go short, we had approx £40k of debt being managed by a debt management company, I have been making all payments to this over the period with approx £6k to go to be debt free, she wants half the small pension I had during our marriage which had a transfer value of £51k at point of separation, due to my current financial circumstances I don't want the expense of going to court to resolve this, any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Clare replied 22 days ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
For clarity - you used the five year separation ground?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I did not think there would be any issues.
Expert:  Clare replied 22 days ago.
I am not certain what you mean about not going to court - you realise that that is the only way forward?