F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Is it legal to grant planning permission at the wrong

Customer Question

Is it legal to grant planning permission at the wrong address
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 20 days ago.

Hello I need more information - what is the issue about the wrong address? what are they planning for? what is your connection to this matter?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The location of the intended site for a new factory does not match the address which appears on all planning correspondence, and is in fact a primary school approx a quarter of a mile away on the opposite side of the road. I have an interest in this factory application as I own land immediately adjacent. I did not realise that this mistake had occurred until the planning process had been completed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 20 days ago.

I am sure that your related facts are absolutely correct but I do find it somewhat bizarre (I’m sure you do also) and so, ignoring the written address, is the physical location of the property on the planning application plans correct and it is just the written address that wrong?

Have you tackled the LPA about this and if so with what result?

Do you believe that the developer has done this intentionally so that people who may be affected by the development didn’t get notice of the application?

As much background detail as possible would be really useful please. Thank you