12826847

My son bought a car from a Leeds 2nd hand trader in February

Customer Question

My son bought a car from a Leeds 2nd hand trader in February for £3600 + his old car. It has been returned on more than 4 times for attention as it keeps going into limp mode with a computer fault. The dealer said he could not find any fault with the car and kept returning it. We took it into a garage in York who diagnosed 14 faults on the car and suggested an ecu replacement. The dealer in Leeds said they would do this. They have now returned the vehicle to us, claiming the work has been done, however the same faults are still there and the mileage of the vehicle has now gone from 55200 to Now 127126. Is the any authority that could give us any advise on how to proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 20 days ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is the car not roadworthy? Was the car advertised as Road worthy?
The main body you can complain to is trading standards https://www.tradingstandards.uk/consumers/support-advice, but if you want compensation you may be better served commencing county court proceedings. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards AJ