12826847

I started a new job as a teacher in a new school under what

Customer Question

I started a new job as a teacher in a new school under what I have been told is a letter of appointment. The letter states that there is a 3 month probation period after "all being well" a contract will be issued. The school has not met several of promises made when I took the job and I was reassured that things would be resolved by half term in October. Sadly there has been no movement forward. I do not wish to stay. There is no notice period mentioned in the letter but in the induction I was informed that the notice period was one month on both sides. I handed in my one month notice on Wednesday and have been told that I have to stay until February half term. I believe this goes beyond the terms of the letter of appointment. I handed one month's notice in, in good faith after being told this in the Induction. There is noting in the appointment letter to clarify the notice period. What is my current legal position...
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

What are you hoping to achieve please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I wish to leave the job after one month notice period which is the end of the probation period covered by the letter of appointment
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Ben
Are you still able to deal with my query?