12826847

Can you help me fight a £100 parking charge from parkingeye

Customer Question

can you help me fight a £100 parking charge from parkingeye when my only crime was to fail to register my car number on the machine inside the village hall where I was just picking up some leaflets. I was parked for 18 minutes the sign in the car park says Parking for Patrons only, I did not notice any signs say parkingeye
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

Hi - have you appealed this to parkingeye?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No, don't know how to - forms seem rather daunting.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thats what I need help with
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

Will the village hall confirm that?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
sorry you've lost me - will the Village Hall confirm what?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

That you were there and could have registered your details there?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I am not denying that I was There - I am clearly seen on cctv looking at the registration machine, but thought it was for people actually using the rooms and as there was no-one on the reception desk to query this I didn't use it. I could not remember my reg/no anyway and have never used this sort of machine before - I clearly don't get out much. I'm guessing from your questions that I don't I don't have a leg to stand on and would be better off just paying up. It just grieves me to line the pockets of these bully boys who use aggressive tactics to intimidate older and less able people, with no leeway for compassion or reason. Just old fashioned I suppose. I have no objection to paying reasonable fees if it went to the village hall. It just seems a massive amount for something so petty.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I was hoping for some help to fill out the appeals thing, when I tried this on my own there were so many different links I was completely lost.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

What I need to know is whether the village hall will confirm it?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I can't say for sure what the village hall will say, but they have me on CCTV.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

I'm not sure what your question is really.
if you are asking if you have a defence then that is difficult to say without sight of the signs at the location. Half the time they are void.

The better question is whether they will actually sue. It is not very likely that they would. They would just send out debt collector letters. If they do then you can always put them to proof upon the adequacy of signs.