12826847

My son has received a Summons on Referral to Court for

Customer Question

My son has received a Summons on Referral to Court for driving an unlicensed vehicle. Although he did submit what he thought was a guilty plea the referral to court is based on "what you said in the response to the court has not been accepted as a guilty plea. What you said could amount to a defence to the offence or it may not be clear whether you are pleading guilty or not guilty". He has since paid for the license on the vehicle and the vehicle has since been scrapped. My son now lives in Australia. My question is:Can I represent him with a "Power of Attorney" at the court hearing?
Can he re-write and re-submit his plea, to ensure that there is clarity about the fact that he is pleading guilty to not driving a licensed vehicle.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 21 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When is he expected back, if at all?